Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Dad Is Cancer Free!!!



My dad had surgery a few weeks ago to remove cancer from his cheek. He has had spots burned off and taken out a couple of different times but this time was different because it was melanoma. He had to go back in last week for a bunch of tests to check to see if the cancer had spread and he just found out yesterday that it hadn't and that he is fine. I was so relieved to hear that and so was the rest of our family.

So, being thankful and relieved I thought I would write somethings about my dad to let him and everyone know how much I love him and how grateful I am to have him as my dad. I was the first born and being a girl and then having Tennill born 2 years later my dad raised me to be quite the tomboy, he had us two girls and him being an athlete himself and no boys around yet he taught me how to play baseball, basketball and even how to throw a football. (I think I throw better than my brothers!!!:)) But later in life at about 10 years old I took after my mom and began to love horses. They were my first true love and mom and dad both knew it and saw I had a talent and helped me to become the best I could. My dad has stuck by me through thick and thin, and even at my worst moments he still loved me and supported me. He has hauled my butt all over from state to state to high school rodeos, college rodeos, and barrel races for years and years (He still feeds and takes care of my horses everyday, yes I am spoiled) I have a lot of good memories at rodeos with him. Mostly though he loves my boys and would do anything for them, my boys love him so much too. I hope that he knows how loved and appreciated he is by me, Brandon, and our boys. And I hope that he is as proud to be my dad as I am to be his daughter. I love you dad.

3 comments:

T.K. said...

You guys really r soooooo lucky to have a dad like Keith. I would give anything to have a relationship like that with my dad, especially since I'm a girl. Thank goodness my kids will have such an awesome grandpa.

Walker paradise said...

Hi it's jolene tyson's wife, I'm so happy for you, my g ma went through cancer when I was in nursing school I spent many nights in the hospital in CA studying my brains out at her bedside, she came out okay and it is the best feeling ever enjoy it!! our blog is private and tyson wanted me to give you an invite so email me gjwalkerparadise@yahoo.com so I have your email address. you can also look me up on facebook jolene gunn walker to give it to me, if you do that too
jolene

momanddadwalker said...

ha darling me brandon no what it like to go though cancer you got to be strong and alot of faith and its in gods hands but me and brandon wasnt so lucky we lost my mother brandon grandma billie to cancer,she past away jan.18 a day before brandon birthday and 3 days after brandon sister birthday days dont go by that we dont think about her she love brandon so much i wish you could of meet her....love so muchmom walker